Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I did it!

Okay okay... so I haven't blogged in forever.  And my little sister (Hannah) bugged me the other day that I need to blog and update all my followers (haha... all maybe two of you which include my Mom and Dad).

I SIGNED UP FOR IRONMAN WISCONSIN!  On October 12th I was sitting in a conference room with my clients and signed up for the race!  This took tons of planning actually because I was on a wireless card which is more than unreliable.  So the night before I called my Mom and Dad and provided them all the information I needed to get the hotel rooms at 9am.  Would you believe that getting into the team hotel is almost as hard as signing up for the race?  Well thankfully all went well at 9am after a few phone calls with my Mom, I had secured two hotel rooms in the team hotel.  Then at 12:30pm, after exchanging a few frantic "I'm freaking out emails" with my friends, I sat in the room with my clients and started refreshing the registration page.  Okay, so sign-ups weren't until 1pm but I didn't know what else to do!  I def. couldn't eat, I felt sick to my stomach.  My friend Jenny was on stand by to sign me up if my internet didn't work... Did I mention I was FREAKIN' out!!!  My coworkers kept bugging me - did you sign up? did you sign up?  As I sat there sweating, finally the registration page came up and I quickly signed up!  I got in!!!

So for those of you who don't know what this Ironman stuff is and why it's such a crazy sign-up process - well you can sign-up in person at the race site or online.  In person sign-ups happen first, and then online sign ups happen for the spots remaining.  So imagine hundreds of people online waiting to sign-up all at once and there are only 500 slots.

Long story short... I'm all signed up for Ironman Wisconsin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey cuz, found your blog! I'm soooo excited for you to do this and would love to come cheer you on next year. Looking forward to following your training, maybe I'll be down to visit Halloween weekend?

    ReplyDelete