Sunday, October 9, 2011

Camping!

I know I know... it's been forever since I've posted.  What have I been up to you may be wondering? 
1) Physical Therapy - twice a week.  That takes up tons of time
2) Work - work work work and more work... I joined a new team to work on business development, as well as my client work.
3) Races - Savageman (I swam in a relay) and today I just got back from Waterman's (I camped all weekend with my friend Gretchen and her dog Kayla - we cheered our little hearts out all weekend).

This weekend I was at General Smallwood State Park in Indian Head, MD.  It was a gorgeous fall weekend with perfect weather (oh wait, except it was FREEZING at night!).  Every time I've camped this season I end up learning something new about this camping stuff...  A little background: I don't camp!  This past spring I decided it was a good idea to buy a tent, considering camping is always the cheapest and most convenient option at a lot of the races.  Thankfully, Team Z makes camping easy!  Ed (the coach) always has breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooked for us so we don't need to bring our own food and cook it over a fire.  Even though the team makes camping super easy, I've still had to learn to deal with the weather while camping.

RAIN: gross gross rain!  Note to self: put the rain fly on the correct way, not inside out or you will be bailing gallons of water out of your tent.
COLD: don't go camping in the cold and if you do put an extra insulated layer between your air mattress and yourself so the cold air doesn't suck the heat out of your body and you end up shivering all night and not sleeping.
HEAT: yes, I have a battery powered fan/light that I hang in my tent to keep me cool.  Worth every cent!

...and of course camping is always better with good friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment