Monday, September 5, 2011

The one week count down has begun...

Soooo... as many of you all know I'm planning on doing Ironman Wisconsin - September 2012.  I figured I would take my shot at this social media stuff and create a blog.  Why the blog?  Well, I wanted a way to capture my crazy journey and allow my family and friends to experience it with me.  I do have to say, I'm not the best writer out there - so just bear with me.

After a great labor day weekend, which included a girls night out with girls from Team Z, which included much talking of Ironman next year, I figured now would be the time to start writing.  We are a week out from sign-ups!!!  In less than a week I will be committing to a whole year of training to be an Ironman.  This is crazy! Now that this blog is up, I guess I can't question my decision of whether to sign up or not.  I've been going back and forth on this for the past few days.  With my back currently hating me, it might not be a bad idea to wait to make sure my back will be ready and rehabbed or choose a different flatter course to avoid the hills and the back strain they bring.  But throwing out any logical sense, I think I'm just going to sign-up and trust that in a year I will be ready to go!

Emotions: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, why am I doing this?  Can I do this?  Do I want to do this?

Bill of Health: #mybackhatesme - meaning at this current moment my Tri season is done.  No running and no biking until further notice.  PT 2x/week (http://www.fasttracktherapy.com/), personal training with Kavon 1x/week (http://www.functionalfitnessva.com/), core exercises, and swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment